Mastering the sequence of opening a Browning safe is more important than the reasons for purchasing the new safe. No matter if you have chosen the Browning safe because of the stylish design, the great storage they offer, their resistance to fire, and forced entry. It all means nothing if you don’t know how to open the safe.
In this article, we share with you a simple way for opening a Browning safe that is easy to remember. We also discuss some things that will help to prepare you for a situation when you have forgotten the combination code.
Once your new Browning safe arrives at your home and you have had it installed in the preferred area. Hopefully, you chose a professional such as Safes NYC, New York City, NY to install the safe.
Most professionals will advise you of the proper maintenance required for such a safe and give you instructions for opening a Browning safe correctly.
You are also probably thinking, but I can just read the manual and follow those instructions. Yes, you can, but a professional is experienced with the working of different safe types and the way their locks work. They can simplify the instructions for you and even give you advice, which they don’t include in the manual.
With any safe purchase comes responsibilities that include proper maintenance of your safe. Other responsibilities would include carefully considering the type of items you wish to store in the safe and creating a prepared list for the future.
A Browning Safe Maintenance
Remember, the proper maintenance of your safe will not only keep your valuables in excellent condition but will also prolong the life of the safe.
- Maintaining a safe would include cleaning dust and dirt on the outside of the safe at least once per month
- The screws, bolts, and the locking mechanism of the safe should also be lubricated at least yearly to prevent them from sticking or jamming resulting in a safe lockout
- An inspection of the water or fire seal, if your safe has one, should also be performed occasionally. Look for tears or damages on the seal, and if they are, replace them
Learn The Sequence Of Opening A Safe
Before you pack any of your valuables inside the safe, learn how it works, and learn the sequence of opening a Browning safe.
Ensure you have your combination in front of you and follow the following sequence in opening a Browning safe.
- Left – 4 turns past your first digit
- Right – 3 turns past your second digit
- Left – 2 turns past your third digit
- Right – 1 turn past your fourth digit
Consider The Items To Be Stored In Your Safe
Make a list of the items that you would like to put in the safe and be sure not to overload it. Overloading a safe can cause problems down the line with opening a Browning safe.
Also, consider the time limit of the items being stored in the safe. For example, how often will you need to gain access to those items?
Items you can store in a Browning home safe
- Bank cards
- Title deeds
- Birth certificates
- Life and insurance policies
- Identity documents
- Spare car and house keys
- Jewelry and watches
- Family mementos
- Cellphones and tablets
- Memory sticks
Preparing Yourself For The Future
Creating yourself a list of things you can do in the future in case you lock yourself out of your safe is never a bad idea. The items to include on this list are all ways that will assist you in opening a Browning safe. It is best to keep this list somewhere safe, but outside of your new safe.
- Write down the contact number for the Browning company so you can ask for help in opening a Browning safe
- Keep a record of the serial number of the safe. You can locate it on the back or side of the safe
- Remember to provide proof of identity and purchase of the safe to either a locksmith or the company for Browning safe
- Know if you have access to a manual override key for an emergency
- Determine the locking system of your Browning safe
- Keep the contact details for Safes NYC handy
Never include the combination to your safe on any list you create, as this makes it easy for anyone to gain entry.
Opening a Browning safe can be easy if you learn all you need to know about the safe. Perform proper maintenance on your safe, consider the items you need to secure, and create a list to prepare yourself for the future. If you still face any issue, remember it is always best to reach out to a professional for help such as Safes NYC.